Summer fragrances are the best: light, airy, and when you apply just the faintest mist to your skin or hair, they are so beautiful. Same thing for your home: scented candles can gently scent a room (or two) with a faint fresh fragrance reminiscent of beach days and summer nights. Here are my favorite summer fragrances for body and home.
1. Bobbi Brown Beach Eau De Parfum ($78): It truly smells like the beach without being overpowering. Summer in a bottle!
2. Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne ($68-$135): This fragrance reminds me of fresh salty air, sea spray, and waves lapping ashore. It’s earthy and not overtly summer; I wear it year-round and it feels right.
3. Acqua Di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico Di Amalfi Eau De Toilette ($107): Inspired by the Amalfi Coast, this fragance is light, breezy, citrusy, and feminine. Notes of fig, bergamot, lemon, citron, grapefruit, pink peppercorn, fig wood, & cedar wood make it like a trip to Italy in a bottle.
1. Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Candle ($65): If you like this enough to put this on your body, obviously it will be amazing scenting your home! Very expensive (for a candle, in my opinion), but a worthy splurge that feels so luxurious.
2. Linnea’s Light Sea Salt candle ($34): This smells incredible: fresh and uncomplicated. I love burning this in warm weather (often before summer even hits).
3. DW Home Marine & Sea Salt candle ($16): Another fresh summer scent. This one is a bit more richly scented than the other candles here, and I don’t like my scents very strong, so I actually stopped burning it about halfway through. I wish it was just slightly less intense because the scent itself is so pretty. I often find DW candles at Homegoods for about half the retail price.
4. Illume Fresh Sea Salt Diffuser ($28): I love a diffuser to scent a bathroom, and this is actually not just great during the warm months, but freshens up a space all year long.