Today, Anastasia Beverly Hills launched their new Liquid Lipstick ($20). There’s been a recent beauty trend (that I love) of wearing ’90s-esque matte lips. The new crop of liquid lipsticks achieves this look gorgeously, but are easy to apply (just slick it on like gloss), not drying, and last all day. Eat, drink, kiss, do whatever, and these lipsticks will stay put. If you want to exaggerate the size of your lips a little, pencil on a little liner in a complementary shade and overline your lips a little. These Liquid Lipsticks look fantastic when mimicking a full, pouty, matte lip.
If you’re a fan of Lime Crime’s Velvetine liquid lipsticks (which have been nearly impossible to find since earlier this week, and then hard to get when they restocked), you will love these!
Because these lipsticks are long-wear, use an oil-based makeup remover to fully remove these from your lips at the end of the day.
The Liquid Lipsticks are available in the following shades:
- Milk Shake (very pale cool pink)
- Pure Hollywood (taupey neutral nude)
- American Doll (classic blue-based red)
- Baby Pink (light pastel pink)
- Carina (neutral creamy red with pink undertones)
- Lovely (midtone creamy pink)
- Retro Coral (pastel melon)
- Neon Coral (bright orangey coral)
- Electric Coral (bright poppy coral with a hint of red)
- Bloodline (warm orange-based red)
- Party Pink (vibrant pure pink)
- Vintage (pure purple)
- Sad Girl (deep reddish plum with a metallic finish)
- Sweet Talker (neutral bright pink with a coral undertone)
- Vamp (Brick red with a touch of brown)
- Heathers (deep reddish burgundy)
- Spicy (midtone chili pepper red-orange)
- Persimmon (midtone orange)
- Potion (deep, dark purple; the darkest shade in this batch)
What do you think of the new matte lip? Are you excited to try these liquid ‘sticks?