When the mercury rises and it’s too hot to spend time under a hairdryer, beach sprays are my go-to. They are the quickest, most effortless way to get hair that actually looks good without blowdrying it. Here are some that I’ve tried and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
1. Fekkai Soleil Beach Waves Spray ($20): This one is probably my all-time fave for several reasons: the scent, the summery packaging, and most importantly, the way it transforms blah, second-(or third)-day hair into tumbling, goddess-like waves.
2. John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Sea Salt Spray ($10): A throwback to my teenage years in the ’90s, this summery mist is back and better than before. With its summery scent, you’ll really feel like you’re close to a beach. Great for using to create waves, or to break up and volumize iron-styled waves.
3. Bumble and bumble Surf Spray ($15): Of all the sprays here, this one creates the most authentically beachy style: a matte, salty, just-out-of-the-waves look.
4. John Masters Organics Sea Mist Sea Salt Spray With Lavender ($16): This one gives the loosest waves of the bunch, and makes your style a little more structured. I spray this conservatively on locks, compared to other products listed here. It can also double as a very light-hold hairspray in a pinch. And the lavender scent is so, so nice.
5. Olivine Atelier Love + Salt Amongst the Waves Beach Hair and Body Mist ($26): I love double-duty beauty products. Made with Himalayan pink salt and coconut oil, this spray is hydrating to both hair and skin. This gives more of an “undone” look, even on straight strands…for extra oomph, spritz this on locks before bed, braid your hair, and unravel in the morning to reveal beach babe waves.
6. ALTERNA Bamboo Beach Summer Ocean Waves Tousled Texture Spray ($22, LE): This one doubles as a wavemaker and a texturizer. If you need a little lift at the roots or just want to inject some volume into your locks, mist this on and fluff up hair a little. It instantly gives hair more volume and movement.
7. SACHAJUAN Ocean Mist ($31): I’ve found this one works best when you mist it on damp hair and let it airdry. You can then polish up your look with a curling wand or some styling cream to finish it.
8. Balmain Texturizing Salt Spray ($29): I have not tried this, but I had to include it because it’s so glamorous! The gorgeous bottle is sleek, clean, and chic, and I mean…it’s Balmain!
I’m always looking for recommendations on sprays…which are your favorites?