Winter has officially taken its toll on me in every way possible. Mentally, I’m exhausted with endless snow and winter weather, and cannot wait for the warm breezes of spring. Physically, my skin is dry and rough. My lips are suffering the worst. They are dry, cracked, bleeding, and just generally in terrible shape due to indoor heating and freezing temps. I have been relying on lip balm heavily lately, so I thought I’d share some of my favorite picks for when lips are in need of major TLC.
1. eos Smooth Lip Balm Sphere in Pomegranate Raspberry ($3.29): This is my favorite balm because it is cushiony and smooth without feeling tacky, is really hydrating, and is lightly scented with fruity notes. I keep one of these spheres stashed in my purse, my desk at work, and at home so they’re never more than an arm’s reach away.
2. JUARA Candlenut Lip Balm SPF20 ($18): Juara’s Candlenut scent is one of my all-time favorites. I use this lip balm (which is conveniently super moisturizing and lush) just to get more of the scent in my life.
3. Boots Extracts Lip Balm in Coconut ($6.99): Obviously, because it smells like coconut.
4. Farmaesthetics Lip Softener ($12): This beeswax-based balm literally melts into my lips when I dab it on. It contains natural healing oils of sweet almond, calendula, peppermint, grapefruit peel, and is infused with a healthy dose of soothing vitamin E. It feels totally plush and not at all greasy on lips. I apply this every single night at bedtime.
5. Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment SPF15 in Petal ($22.50): For those of you who like a tinted balm, this is a great option. The pale pink is enough to give lips a little color, yet the meadowfoam and black currant-infused stick still moisturizes and protects.
6. Clark’s Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Tints in Moore Nude ($19): This botanical-infused balm gives lips a pretty flush of nude color so you can wear it without having to layer lipstick on top.
7. Pacifica Coconut Kiss Creamy Lip Butter in Shell ($10): This coconut oil-infused balm feels like butter and lends lips a soft, pinky-peach hue.
8. Aquaphor Lip Repair Immediate Relief ($4.29): For when your lips are severely cracked. This intensive treatment will soothe and hydrate deep into the lips’ layers to get your pucker healed and kiss-worthy in just a few days.
9. Victoria’s Secret VS PRO Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm ($16): This balm has a scrub built into the tiny pot so that you can exfoliate your lips and whisk away the unsightly flaky skin that’s common with chapped lips. After using the scrub, the balm helps soothe and hydrate parched lips.
What are your favorite balms to battle winter woes? Please share in the comments!