We’re in the middle of a major cold front in Philly. It’s bitterly cold, the winds are whipping, and everyone is feeling like a frozen zombie. When the temps plummet, it’s time to take extra care of your skin and hair. Not only will it help you not look like a walking icicle, it will protect you from the elements. Here are my top winter beauty product picks.
1. Clarisonic Mia 2 ($149): It’s crucial to slough off dead skin cells, especially in winter. Pale, sallow skin is enough to make anybody frustrated. Exfoliate at least a few times a week (daily, if you need to) and cleanse your skin with the Clarisonic. While I use this tool year-round, it’s an essential during the winter months.
2. Bobbi Brown Extra Illuminating Moisture Balm ($63): This new product is a pick-me-up in a bottle. The lightweight balm contains light-reflecting pearls for an instant glow, and lychee extract to help invigorate skin over time. Mix it into moisturizer or foundation, or pat it onto your skin after applying makeup.
3. Tata Harper Repairative Moisturizer ($100): This natural moisturizer was made for winter months–literally. It continually draws moisture into the skin, combating winter dryness.
4. NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna ($38): For a toasty sunkissed glow.
5. LORAC Pro Palette ($42): If you’re up for a darker, moodier eye in the wintertime, this palette contains 16 shades that are perfect for a more pronounced eye look.
6. Aquaphor Lip Repair + Protect ($5): This vaseline-like balm helps heal dry, cracked lips while protecting it from windburn and the sun with SPF30. It’s just the thing to put an end to your chapped, painful lips.
7. AHAVA Dead Sea Water Mineral Hand Cream ($8): This mineral-rich cream soothes dry, cracked, sore hand. The travel-size tube is perfect for tossing into your bag.
8. Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter ($29): For seriously parched skin, this body butter provides heaps of moisture and smells divine.
9. Farmaesthetics Warming Oil ($18): This all-natural blend is perfect for freezing cold nights, and a lifesaver when you’re sick. It’s made with heat-producing herbs and oils that impart a gentle glow and actually warm you up. Apply during or after a shower or bath to warm and brighten skin tones and make you feel better fast.
What are your favorite winter beauty products?