A face serum is a nice addition to a skincare regimen at any age. These concentrated formulas deliver potent doses of wrinkle-fighting antioxidants into skin. They’re pricier products, but with good reason: they’re lipid-based, so they penetrate quickly into pores to work their magic and renew your complexion after just a few weeks.
How to use them: apply them a few minutes after cleansing, when your skin is dry. Hydrated skin cells absorb serums better than bone-dry ones. Then layer a moisturizer on top for hydration (serums deliver awesome benefits, but they’re not moisturizing) and to lock in the serum.
Here are some that I’ve used over the years and found to be particularly effective.
1. Estee Lauder Perfectionist [CP+R] Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum ($65 for 1 oz.; for $95 for 1.7 oz; $130 for 2.5 oz.)
2. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Hydra-Pure Firming Serum ($95 for 1 oz.)
3. EVE LOM Intense Firming Serum ($95 for 1 oz.)
4. Kari Gran Essential Serum ($60 for 30 ml)
5. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II ($62 for 1 oz.; $92 for 1.7 oz.; $120 for 2.5 oz.)
6. SK-II Essential Power Serum ($125 for 1 oz.; $195 for 1.7 oz.)
7. DHC Extra Concentrate ($45 for 5 0.2 oz. vials)
8. Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum ($59.50 for 1 oz.; $89 for 1.7 oz.)
What are your favorite serums? Share in the comments!