I’ve never been the type of person who can just fall asleep. It takes awhile, and a small army of products. I have a nightly routine that helps me get ready for sleep and fall asleep easier. I’ve learned that keeping these essential items on my nightstand can help me wind down and drift off faster. Here are the things I keep at my bedside for restful sleep.
1. Lavender Essential Oil: A few drops of this under my pillow and on my wrists helps calm my mind and prepare me for sleep. A great alternative is an essential oil diffuser; fill it with lavender oil for all-night aromatherapy.
2. Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream ($65): This super-hydrating water cream is like a big glass of water for my skin. I like that it’s really hydrating yet doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on my skin. It contains two forms of hyaluronic acid and tamarind extract to plump up the appearance of your complexion. I apply this every night before going to sleep.
3. RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream ($20): A retinol has become essential to my eye skincare routine. I love this RoC cream, which is affordable and works so well at warding off fine lines in the eye area while I sleep.
4. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or can’t tolerate retinol, try Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Cream ($62) instead.
5. Kate Spade New York Spiral Notebook ($16): Sometimes when I get in bed, my mind races. I keep a pretty notebook beside my bed so I can jot down any thoughts that come to me. Getting them out of my head and onto paper helps me relax for the night.
6. Calming music: Since it takes me awhile to fall asleep, I recently started settling into bed earlier with soothing music. I like the Calm Meditation station on Pandora.
7. Glossier Coconut Balm Dot Com ($12): I keep this on my nightstand tray so I can slather on a healthy coat at bedtime. My lips are so dry at night, and this seals in moisture while I sleep.
8. Luxury Padded Sleep Mask ($5.69): I sleep so much better when I wear an eye mask because it forces me to close my eyes and totally blocks out light.
9. Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream ($26): I keep this on my nightstand because I apply it first thing in the morning to revive and depuff sleepy eyes.
What are your go-to products before winding down at night?