Although I’m far past the age of back-to-school shopping, September always has me thinking about new additions to my wardrobe. The only hard part is having enough patience for the weather to really cool enough to wear these pieces. Here are the items that have caught my eye for autumn.
1. Vince Camuto Blurred Ikat Scarf ($38): A neutral, lightweight scarf that’s easy to throw on before it gets really cold and you need to reach for something heavier.
2. J. Crew Lace-Front Sweatshirt ($88): A comfy pullover sweatshirt gets fancied up with delicate lace. You can wear it to the office, date night, or lounging around the house, because you can dress it up (slip on a collared shirt underneath and throw on a statement necklace or big earrings) or just relax in it (hello, leggings).
3. J. Crew Crystal and Stone Row Necklace (orig. $145, on sale for $99.99): This gorgeously textural necklace is creamy and sparkly at once, in the perfect gray and brown palette for autumn.
4. Michael Kors Blair Chronograph Watch ($275): This rose gold piece is classic, simple, and you’ll have it forever.
5. J. Crew Skinny Utility Chino in Tuscan Olive ($89.50): The perfect alternative to skinny jeans, these chinos get updated with a slimmer leg and subtle pocket detailing. Added bonus: they are so comfortable, you won’t want to take them off.
6. Tory Burch Robinson Dome Satchel ($550): A classic structured bag in a beautifully textural leather that’s equally perfect at the office or on weekends.
7. Sam Edelman “Petty” Ankle Bootie ($130): An ankle boot in a putty-colored suede with a low, walkable heel. It has wear-with-everything appeal; throw it on with skinnies, a dress, and everything in between.
8. OPI Nail Lacquer in Lincoln Park After Dark ($8): A fall classic.
9. Ann Taylor Kissing Fox Sweater ($79): An adorable, comfy take on the fox craze.
What’s on your fall fashion lust list?