I am afraid of anything other than a pale-to-medium pink shade on my lips. Anything darker than that? No way. Red? Never. But I have to admit, after seeing the coral-lipped models in like every single J.Crew catalog since 2011, I’ve been secretly envious of their ability to pull of this lip shade. So, with that, I give you a ton of options so you can do coral, no matter your hair color/skin tone/etc. This little pop of color is so summery and fun, I bet you’ll be hooked if you give it a shot.
And departing from your comfort zone can be fun…right?
1. Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Coral Berry ($8) is a creamy coral that is definitely noticeable, but not so intense that it will make you look clownish.
2. Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment SPF15 in Coral ($22.50): If you want a more subtle effect, go for a balm formula. This cult lip balm is so soothing and hydrating to parched lips. The pretty coral tint is an added bonus.
3. DuWop Private Lipstick in Coral($22) is a juicy, peachy coral that’s universally flattering.
4. NARS Lipstick in Niagara ($26) is a vivid, opaque, true coral. Great on all skin tones, if you like that bright burst of color.
5. L’Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Caring Coral ($8) gives lips just a hint of tint, and the pale pinky-coral shade is totally doable. The end result: lips that look summery and fresh, not overdone. Great for fair-skinned (or timid) ladies.
6. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti ($8) will give lips a shiny pop of orangey goodness. Lips will be semi-sheer, yet eye-catching. This looks especially beautiful on dark-skinned women.
7. Maybelline Color Whisper in Coral Ambition ($7.50) is, like the other balms, muted, feminine, and pretty.
8. MAC Amplified Lipstick in Morange ($15): This is a serious, take-no-prisoners bright orange. Only the most brave can wear it, but if you’ve got the confidence, go for it!