There is a beauty junkie in almost everyone’s life, whether it be your mom, sister, best friend, cousin…or yourself (you can always drop hints!). Now is a great time of year to try out new products and brands, as most kits include mini versions of products and special limited-edition items. A beauty gift set is also a nice idea for the girl who has everything beauty-wise. Here is my round-up of the most useful and fun sets out there this holiday season.
1. Ciate Nail Lab ($65, LE): This is the ultimate gift for the nail art fan in your life. The kit includes everything she needs to create salon-worthy nail art at home, including six Nail Pots (polishes); Suspension Top Coat; three Glitter Pots; three Sparkle Pots; three Flitter Pots; and three Shimmer Pots. And then there are the tools: a dotter, scraper, empty mixing pots, petri dish, funnel, paint brush, nail buffer, file, stripper brush, ombre sponge, and glitter recipes and cards that show you how to whip up your own custom designs. Pretty amazing.
2. Josie Maran Escape to Morocco Holiday Hair & Body Beautifiers ($39, LE): Josie Maran’s argan oil is so amazing, every woman should own it! Gift this to your galpals who aren’t in-the-know (yet), and give them mini versions of 100% Pure Argan Oil; Argan Oil Hair Serum; Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil; Argan Cleansing Oil; Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Vanilla Apricot; and Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream in Vanilla Apricot.
3. Benefit Countdown to Love! Beauty Advent Calendar ($68, LE): I remember the excitement that came with opening the advent calendar each day in December and unveiling a chocolate treat. This is so much better than that! Benefit hides little beauty treats in their version–24 total.
4. Fresh Sugar Baby ($28, LE): Give kissable lips with this trio of Sugar Lip Polish, Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Balm, and Sugar Shine Lip Treatment.
5. The Tarte of Giving Collector’s Set & Travel Bag ($59, LE, Sephora exclusive): This monster collection is an incredible bargain. Stashed in it is a palette of 20 limited-edition Amazonian Clay eyeshadows; deluxe Cheek Stain in Flush; deluxe Pure Maracuja Oil; deluxe Maracuja C-Brightener Eye Treatment; 8 deluxe Maracuja Lip Glosses; deluxe Amazonian Clay Blush in Memorable; and deluxe Lights Camera Lashes mascara. It’s all packaged in a quilted purple folding travel bag with clear plastic interior sleeves.
6. Make Up For Ever Extravagant Glamour Set ($38, LE): Three key pieces to get a screen siren look: Rouge Artist Intense Lip Color in 43 Moulin Rouge, Aqua Eye Eye Pencil in Matte Black 0L, and Smoky Lash Extravagant Mascara in black.
What are your favorite beauty kits this year?
Images via Sephora, Nordstrom, & Macy’s