I’m so excited about today’s post because it combines my two obsessions: J.Crew and beauty! J.Crew models have a signature look that includes luminous skin, a bright lip, brushed-up brows, and slightly mussed hair. Here’s a quick primer on how to copy their classic look.
1. Flawless skin is the foundation of J.Crew looks. A tinted moisturizer with a hint of illumination is your best route to scoring this. Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Illuminating Moisturizer in Champagne ($32) is a great pick. (If you need more coverage, apply a foundation as your base, then lightly stipple this on top with a Beautyblender sponge to get the same dewy effect.)
2. What would J.Crew look be without a luminous glow? Highlight cheekbones, browbones, and your Cupid’s bow by dabbing on RMS Living Luminizer ($38), which is what stylists use on the J.Crew models on set. Use your fingertips to pat it onto skin.
3. JC models usually wear the smallest amount of eyeliner, just to define the eyes (it’s never noticeable). Blinc Ultrathin Liquid Eye Liner Pen ($26) is great for this because the super thin tip allows you to get right up to the root of lashes. Just line the top lid with this for definition; it will help keep your eyes from blending in too much.
4. Curl lashes and apply a light coat of lengthening mascara. Almay One Coat Nourishing Lengthening Mascara ($7) is a wallet-friendly pick.
More tips after the jump!
5. Using a spoolie brush or clean disposable mascara wand, brush brows up. Fill in any sparse spots or obvious gaps with a taupe brow pencil, but resist overfilling; you want brows to look undone.
6. A coral lip is a warm weather J.Crew staple. Finish off the look with a coral lipcolor, like RMS Lip2Cheek in Demure ($36), another product frequently used on JC models. You can also dab this cream blush/lipcolor hybrid onto your cheeks for a healthy flush.
7. Finish the look by getting bedhead. A sea salt spray will give you tousled waves that are beachy, relaxed, and effortlessly chic. I like John Masters Organics Sea Mist Sea Salt Spray ($16.50) because it’s organic, smells amazing, and makes hair look completely sexy in about 4 seconds. J.Crew also sells Lavett&Chin Original Sea/Salt Texturizing Mist ($30) in their stores.
Want to score the actual products that J.Crew staffers use behind-the-scenes of their photoshoots? They now have mini Beauty Bars in retail stores, where you can pick up the Lip2Cheek and other on-set essentials that give the models their signature J.Crew look.
Model images via J.Crew