For their spring 2015 collection, MAC drew inspiration from the retro beauty parlor where women spent hours under dryers getting coiffed and beautified. MAC Is Beauty is a round-up of products designed to give sixties-esque looks (think bright, creamy lips, heavily-lined lids, and thick, lush lashes). Some of the shades are intense, while others are creamy pastels. Overall, it’s really pretty. They’re also relaunching their Fluidline gel eyeliner with this collection, which is now Pro Longwear Fluidline.All items are limited edition except where noted.Cremesheen Glass ($20): Fashion Scoop (pale pink), On the Scene (pale peach), Japanese Spring (pale lilac), Star Quality (vibrant pink). All the Cremesheen Glass shades are repromotes.
- Silly (bright white-pink; Lustre)
- Real Doll (light pinky lilac; Lustre)
- Catty (light creamy pink; Lustre)
- Real Readhead (nude mauve; Lustre)
- Call the Hairdresser! (rosy coral; Lustre)
- Highlights (pale yellowy peach; Lustre)
- French Twist (light pinky nude; Lustre)
- Notice Me (pale lilac; Lustre)
- Pure Vanity (pale peachy nude; Lustre)
- Make Me Gorgeous (intense coral pink; Amplified)
- Reel Sexy (bright coral; Amplified)
- Diva-ish (intense fuschia; Amplified)
- Silverstroke (silver)
- Brassy (brass)
- Copperthorn (coppery bronze)
- Deliciously Rich (shimmery taupe brown with gold pearl)
- Blue Peep (turquoise)
- Ivy (fresh green)
- Macroviolet (rich, shimmery purple)
- Looking Good (shimmery burgundy)
- Siahi (deep ocean blue)
- Waveline (navy blue with a bit of gold pearl)
- Midnight Snack (gunmetal gray)
- Our Secret (milk chocolate brown)
- Lowlight (deep, dark brown)
- Shade (deep green)
- Blitz & Glitz (intense black with gold pearl)
- Blacktrack (solid black)Beauty Powder ($26): Pearl Blossom (top; light pink with silver pearl), Alpha Girl (soft peachy pink with gold). Both Beauty Powder shades are repromotes.Studio Nail Lacquer ($16): French Tipped (pale pink), To Dye For (pale peach), Doll Me Up (creamy mint green).
Not pictured: Eye Kohl in I Get No Kick (pale nude shimmer, repromote); MAC is Beauty Studio Chromagraphic Pencil in ($16, repromote); MAC is Beauty Penultimate Eyeliner in Rapidblack ($20, permanent), Zoom Lash Mascara ($17, permanent).
The collection launches on March 26 in North American MAC stores and department store counters; select North American locations will launch the collection on April 2. The collection will roll out internationally through April 2015.
What do you think: love it or hate it?