During the long, hot days of summer music festivals, you want to keep cool and look cool, which is no easy task. Toss the right products into your bag, and you’ll look fresh from the opening band to the encore.
1. You absolutely need a moisturizer infused with sunscreen. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 ($17) is great because it contains light-diffusing particles to give your skin a bit of a glow. Keep an extra tube or regular sunscreen handy for full-body reapplication throughout the day (you can start with this as a face base, too, instead of using moisturizer).
2. Leave your foundation at home and opt for a BB cream. I’m a huge fan of Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer ($34), which is really gentle on sensitive skin. For a budget-friendly option, try Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream ($13).
3. Another must-have for spring & summer days: bronzer! Give your skin a safe, healthy glow with NYX Tango With Bronzing Powder in Confessions of a Tanaholic ($10), which features blocks of color that you can blend together with a brush to get a flattering tan.
4. Bring along a waterproof eyeliner just in case. You don’t need it, but if you’re one of those girls who always wears eyeliner (like me), you’ll feel naked without it. Anastasia Beverly Hills Covet Waterproof Eyeliner ($19) has a great, inky color that almost mimics liquid liner and stands up to the hottest weather. For a most basic look, try Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner Pencil ($7).
5. If you prefer a wash of color on your lids, go for a waterproof cream formula. Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow ($19) resists creasing and running, even in high heat & humidity. Plus, it’s totally portable, as you can just dab it on lids with your fingertips. Comes in five pretty shades.
6. L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Waterproof Mascara ($8.50) creates lush, voluminous lashes, and won’t smudge or smear. Great for bottom lashes, too.
7. For a cheeky flush, Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick ($21) is a reliable standby that will resist streaking from sweat longer than powder formulas.
8. Lip balm is a must. eos Smooth Lip Balm Sphere in Strawberry Sorbet ($3.50) is one of my favorites because it’s lightweight and non-sticky.
9. Top off your pucker with a pinky-nude gloss. Burt’s Bees Lip Shine in Whisper ($7) comes in a squeeze tube, so application is a cinch, no matter how hard you’re rocking out.
What are your music festival essentials? Share in the comments!