The long days, sunshine, warm weather, and vacations are some of the best parts of summer. But they also take a toll on your hair. I always switch up my haircare routine during the warmer months to help keep my locks looking as healthy and fresh as possible. Here are some of my favorite products for summer.
1. T3 Whirl Trio Styling Wand ($270): My favorite wand for beach waves. The hefty price tag is totally worth the quality and versatility of this styling wand (it’s basically three curling wands in one). I’ve had mine for two years and use it every single day. I usually use the largest (1.5-inch) barrel for loose waves, but sometimes I’ll also use the 1-inch for more of a curl.
2. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($46): I use this year-round. It’s my holy grail hair product. If you want beach waves, you need this.
3. Bumble & bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil Primer Spray ($28): I mist this all over damp hair post-shower. It’s a heat protectant, leave-in conditioner, UV filter, detangler, and anti-breakage product all in one. Makes hair look super healthy.
4. UNITE Blonda Shampoo ($28): If you’re blonde, it can be difficult to maintain your color. Because it’s so porous from the bleach, blonde hair can get brassy easily, especially from elements like sun exposure and chlorine. Purple shampoo counteracts the yellow in brassiness, and creates a more icy/cool tone to your hair. This is my favorite one. Use once or twice a week, depending on your hair shade and type, to bust the brass.
5. Living Proof Restore Shampoo ($29): Summer is a good time to use damage repair shampoos because you’re outside more often and exposed to the elements. I like this one for its lightweight feel; although it’s a heavy duty moisturizer, it doesn’t weigh hair down.
6. Kristin Ess The One Signature Conditioner ($10): A lightweight, versatile conditioner for all hair types that makes locks super soft and shiny.
7. R+ Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo ($30): Dry shampoo is a summer must (who wants to wash their hair every day?). I like this because it pumps hair up with volume.
8. Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Creme ($20): My all-time favorite finishing cream, especially in summer, when it helps tame flyaways and humidity-induced frizz. The perfect finishing touch to any hairstyle. I apply mostly from mid-hair to ends.
What are some of your favorite summertime hair products?