Here’s a quick rundown of why this toothbrush is so awesome:
- Like my other FOREO devices, this toothbrush holds onto a charge and doesn’t let go! Seriously, a full charge lasts for such a ridiculously long time. FOREO says you can get 365 brushes (6 months!) out of a single charge! I don’t know how they do it.
- It makes my teeth feel really clean after brushing, and can help whiten them with continued use.
- It has an integrated timer that pulses every 30 seconds so I know when to move onto the next portion of my mouth. Foreo recommends dividing the mouth up into quadrants for a full 2-minute brush session with each use.
- In addition to cleaning teeth, it also massages gums.
- The back of the brush head is a tongue cleaner.
- The brush head tilts back and forth to reach all areas of my mouth.
- The bottom of the brush handle features a light that slowly blinks as it’s charging, and stays solid to signal when the device is fully charged.
- It comes with a tidy faux leather sleeve to store the toothbrush in while traveling. That’s just a nice added touch.
The standard model comes with an all-silicone brush head, which I’ve been using. I love it. The silicone is more resistant to bacteria than traditional bristle brushes, which means it only needs to be changed once a year. They also sent me a hybrid silicone/PBT polymer brush head, which is tougher on plaque, but still gentle on gums. This should be replaced every 6 months. I have not yet used this.
The toothbrush is super simple to use. Just press the center button on the handle to turn it on, and then press the + or – buttons to adjust the intensity of the sonic pulses. Then you just brush your teeth like you normally do.
Also included in the package are an instruction manual, USB charging cable, and warranty card. Foreo encourages customers to register their products so they’re eligible for the 2-year warranty if anything goes wrong.
They also offer mini and mikro ISSAs for kids and babies.
In short, I love this toothbrush! I’m so happy it’s part of my daily routine, and it encourages me to take the best possible care of my smile.