For those of you who can’t get enough pumpkin, this post is for you. Pumpkin is a powerhouse ingredient in beauty products. It’s packed with essential fatty acids (EFAs), antioxidants, and vitamins. It’s great for dissolving dry skin and dead skin cells that make your complexion dull; preventing acne; and improving overall skin health. Here are some pumpkin-packed picks to keep you glowing through autumn.
1. Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Peel & Reveal Dermal Resurfacer ($58): This heavy-duty exfoliator uses pumpkin enzyme (a common ingredient in the products listed here) to majorly smooth out skin surface and retexturize. It peels, exfoliates, and polishes for visible results. (Tip: use it sparingly to start; it can be a little intense.)
2. Eminence Yam & Pumpkin Enzyme Peel ($46): Pumpkin and yam puree speeds up exfoliation to not only give you brighter skin, but also ease the signs of aging (fine lines, sun spots, uneven tone, etc.). Also boosts elasticity.
3. ARCONA Pumpkin Body Lotion 10% ($35): A pumpkin-scented moisturizer that, through the use of pumpkin extract, helps improve skin elasticity and tone.
4. MyChelle Dermaceuticals Creamy Pumpkin Cleanser ($7.25): Think of this as a big pumpkin spice latte for your skin. It’s hydrating and perfect for tight, dry skin. Whole Foods carries MyChelle, so you may be able to pick this up at your local store.
5. Rhonda Allison Pumpkin Cleanser ($32): This all-natural cleanser keeps your skin’s natural oils intact while whisking away excess oil, and gently sloughs off dead skin cells. The end result: a glowier, fresh-faced you.
6. Desert Essence Organics Pumpkin Spice Hand Repair Cream ($9.99): Organic pumpkin seed oil helps heal dry, cracked hands. Great for skin that’s been ravaged by cold weather.
7. Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Glycolic Brightening Mask ($14.95): An organic mask that uses the strength of pumpkin and alphahydroxy acids (AHAs) to banish dead skin cells. Dullness is gone, radiance is restored.
8. Philosophy 3-in-1 Ultra-Rich Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in Homemade Pumpkin Pie ($16.50): This is just for those of you who love the smell of pumpkin. Pour this into your bath and enjoy.
What’s your take on the pumpkin craze? Are you on the bandwagon or totally over it? I’d love to hear your reviews if you’ve tried any of these products!