Recently there has been much talk about bloggers and whether or not they wear makeup in their photos. I definitely fall into the camp of makeup-wearing blogger (not surprising, as I launched this site originally as a beauty blog). Because of all the buzz, I thought I’d give you a little peek into my makeup bag. Thanks to Philly Blog Love for the #blogspiration!
I have a huge stash of makeup; this is just what I carry with me during the week. This is a lot; most people don’t have daily kits this jam-packed with products. I’m always late, so taking my kit with me allows me to apply makeup on the fly.
Here’s a close-up look at the products I use on a daily basis, as well as a few quick thoughts about each.
1. Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer in Bare Radiance ($43): I like a dewy finish (not matte skin), and I love the glow this gives my face.
2. MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20 ($18): A thicker, drier concealer that’s excellent for covering blemishes and red & dark spots.
3. Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer in Light 10 ($5): I tried this on a whim and like the creamy coverage it provides for undereye circles.
4. Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Aruba ($38): I’m very fair, so this gives me a realistic bronzed glow.
5. Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush ($30): A staple in my makeup bag since it was introduced in 2000!
6. NARS Illuminator in Copacabana ($30): Creamy highlighter in a pale champagne shade.
7. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($20): The best tool to give you fluttery, flirty lashes.
8. Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush ($21): Nothing applies foundation and tinted moisturizer like this brush.
9. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette ($54): A portable, convenient palette of rose gold neutrals.
10. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack ($16): My favorite long-lasting gel eyeliner.
11. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($20): Locks down eye makeup for hours.
12. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara in Black ($8): My favorite everyday mascara. Volumizing, lengthening, and ultra-black.
13. L’Oreal Paris Infallible Blackbuster Liquid Eyeliner ($9): I just bought this felt-tip liquid liner and tried it out last week. It won’t be staying in my makeup bag; the color doesn’t apply well and fades soon after.
14. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara ($32): A luxe mascara that builds amazing volume and length. I reserve this for special occasions.
15. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde ($21): My favorite natural-looking brow filler.
16. MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush ($32): The best brush for blending shadow seamlessly.
17. MAC 217 Blending Brush ($24): This brush is excellent for packing on color and intensifying the effect of eyeshadows.
18. Sigma E65 Small Angle Eyeliner Brush ($12): Allows me to get right up to my lashline when applying gel liner.
Not pictured: MAC Brow Set in Clear ($16), because I ran out.
Bag from Sephora, purchased last summer.
What are your makeup bag staples?