I have 3 makeup kits: a train case that has all my products that I often use when I do makeup for other people, a bigger personal case that contains the items I don’t use every day (like my smoky eyeshadows and the like), and a small bag of everyday essentials. By far, the items I turn to literally every single day are stashed in the smallest case. Here is what’s inside that case. I would recommend these products without hesitation; they’re the ones I rely on day in and day out.
1. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pale Pink ($24): This cream blush lasts all day, and is the prettiest pink shade I’ve found. It glides on whisper-soft for a gentle blush, and layers beautifully for a more pronounced flush. Note: this is the old packaging of this product; check out the new packaging, available now.
2. Shiseido Eyelash Curler ($19): Since the She Uemura curler is only sold online now, I use this–and it’s just as good. Curls expertly, with all-day hold.
3. MAC Strobe Cream ($15-$30): I mix a few drops of this into my tinted moisturizer for extra glow.
4. MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden ($23): This shimmery bronzer gives my fair skin just enough bronzey glow that’s believable, not fake. Note: This packaging is from the 2010 “To The Beach” collection, and is no longer available. Refined Golden is part of MAC’s permanent collection, so the bronzer itself is still available.
Keep reading for more products!
5. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($21): A great lip balm that doesn’t feel heavy or tacky on lips. Really hydrating and healing. Note: The mini size is shown here.
6. MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel ($20): Just the right amount of shimmer for the cheekbones in just the right shade for fair or cool skintones. Note: This bottle is from the 2009 “Style Warrior” collection. The product is now in MAC’s permanent lineup in slightly different packaging.
7. Ahava Time To Hydrate Gentle Eye Cream ($32): The perfect moisturizer for all-day hydration in the eye area. I apply it first thing.
8. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color in Light ($21): A godsend for brows! Defines and fills in without looking fake. Stays put, doesn’t smudge, and makes brows look great, no matter how sparse they are.
9. Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Lip Tint in Charmed ($24): My new favorite lipcolor. I adore this; look for a review soon.
10. MAC custom eyeshadow palette: Contains (clockwise from top left), Satin Taupe, Charcoal Brown, Carbon, & Woodwinked. (All shadows sold separately in palette pans for $11 each, in pots for $14 each)
11. MAC Brow Set in Clear ($15): The best brow gel, period. Keeps unruly brows in place all day, so you have gorgeously defined arches and no stray hairs.
12. Anastasia Brow Duality in Camille/Sand ($23): Gives brows a nice lift and defines the arch. Use the matte side for day, the shimmer side for night, and blend with your finger. It makes a big difference. And the thick dual-ended pencil lasts forever.
13. MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder ($15): A great everyday black pencil liner.
14. Cover Girl LineExact Liquid Liner ($7): The pen-like felt tip is firm, yet gives when you press a bit harder. Though the handle is small, I have a lot of control over it. It creates precise lines that don’t smudge or smear.
15. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara ($30): The best mascara ever. Pricey, but worth every penny. Long, lush, black lashes are yours with this. I swear by it!
16. Urban Decay Naked palette ($50): If you only ever buy 1 eye palette, make it this one. Contains all the shades you need to create almost every look imaginable.
17. Disposable mascara wand (available for free at almost all makeup counters): I swear by these, and have at least a handful of these with me at all times. They’re great for grooming brows on the go, and best of all, they’re free! When they get grimy, toss them and pick up a handful of new ones.
18. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack ($15): My trust black gel liner. Doesn’t go anywhere once you draw it on. You can use this to gently define eyes, or go all out with thick, dramatic, badass lines.
19. Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF20 in Shade 01 ($32): The best tinted moisturizer! Makes skin glowy, dewy, and utterly radiant. Feels great on: not too heavy or sticky.
20. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in #2 ($22): This concealer eradicates all traces of grey under my eyes, and offers full coverage without looking cakey. I adore this concealer.